Dance Gloomy Winter's Noo Awa' 11707
Strathspey · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Ian Brockbank (2001)
- 800 888 844 844 = 66% (1 turn), 50% (whole dance)
- Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Comment from the deviser Ian ...
Comment from the deviser Ian Brockbank in the The Badger Sett, and in similar form in the earlier New Scottland 60th Anniversary Book:
This is a variant on the dance “The Gloomy Winter” which I gave to Sophia for her 25th birthday and which was published in the New Scotland 50th Anniversary Book. Bars 9-16 didn’t really work when tried with New Scotland and Dunedin – they require too much careful phrasing – so I came up with this modification. However, San Gabriel Valley like the original. Written for Sophia Marriage and presented to her on the occasion of her 30th birthday in December, 2001, with love from Ian Brockbank.
Gloomy Winter's Noo Awa' 3/4L · S32
- 1W (1M follows) casts off and crosses to 2plx ; Turn P LH 1½ (2,1,3)
- Teapots R ; and L (2c+1W & 1M+3c RHA ; 2c+1M & 1W+3c LHA) (2,1,3)
- 1c+1cnrs ½ diag Reel4, 1M passes P Rsh and follows her into ; 1c (Rsh to 3M)+2cnrs ½ diag Reel3
- 1c (Rsh to 2M in 3W's pl)+1cnrs ½ diag Reel3 ; 1W veering R, 1c face 2cnr pos, 1c+2cnrs ½ diag Reel4
In this variant on »The Gloomy Winter« the difficult bars [9-16] have been simplified.
|Budapest Local Club 11.01.2018||2018-01-11||Zoltán Gräff||Jan. 11, 2018, 11:29 a.m.|
|Oldenburg 2017-02-17 Ski'n Do||2017-02-17||Martin McWilliam||Feb. 7, 2017, 1:26 p.m.|
|Kuckucksnest Summer Course 2019: classes||2019-06-27||Ian Brockbank||July 22, 2019, 10:58 p.m.|