Dance The Powder Monkey 14707
Medley · 128 bars (S64+R64) · 4 couples · Square (Progression: OnceOnly)
- Devised by
- Sue Tyler
- Reel of four - interlocking (REEL;INTRLK;R4;)
- Set and Link (SETLNK;2P;)
- Rights and Lefts - half (R&L;HALF;)
- Hands across - 4 (HX;4P;)
- Hands across - 4 - special (HX;4P;SPEC;)
- Men's Chain - double (MCHAIN;DOUBLE;)
- Reel of eight / Schiehallion - half (REEL;HALF;R8;)
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Exeter Branch 40 
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Devised to commemorate »Sea Britain ...
Devised to commemorate »Sea Britain« in 2005, 200 years after the battle of Trafalgar.
The Powder Monkey 4S · M128
- All dance interlocking reels of 4 (all pass partner RSh, next person LSh & following person RSh) & end with hands joined with corners
- All Set+Link with corners, All advance 1 step with corner & retire 1 step with next person (to end in a square) & set
- 1s+3s (sides) dance 1/2 R&L, 2s+4s (top & bottom) dance 1/2 R&L
- All Set+Link with corners, All advance 1 step with corner & retire 1 step with partner (to end in a square) & set
- Ladies dance in front of partner & behind next Man, then dance 3/4 RH across & turn partner LH into RH across joined NH with partner
- All dance RH across 1/4 way then change places with partner & dance another 1/4 RH across (Men in centre)
- All dance another 1/4 RH across then Men dance out followed by partners to end 1/2 way round set
- All dance double Men's Chain & end Ladies facing out
- All dance 1/2 Schiehallion reel & end in original places
- Repeat in reel time but in bars 13-16 & 29-32 all advance 2 steps & retire 2 steps & omit setting.
|White Rose Festival Evening Dance 2018||2018-07-14||Irene Dracup||Dec. 8, 2017, 4:48 p.m.|
|Glenmoriston Rally Practice - Kilmorack Hall||2019-03-24||Peter Jamieson||March 13, 2019, 5:22 p.m.|
|Glenmoriston Dancers 20th Anniversary Rally||2019-04-06||Peter Jamieson||March 9, 2019, 8:27 p.m.|