Dance Tiaras and Teapots 15020
Jig · 40 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Amanda Peart (2013)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Extra info
- The recommended recording for this ...
The recommended recording for this dance is The Rakish Highlandman, which is a good steady pace.
The inspiration for this dance came whilst dancing Roselath Cross (two half Crown Triangles) at an Afternoon Tea Dance in the summer of 2012 amidst the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations, when the question was asked, “What’s half a Crown?”. Of course the other answer is 2 shillings and sixpence and so, if the 6 bar movement in bars 27-32 (and again in bars 33-38) is given the name ‘a Shilling’, the alternative name for this dance is “2 Half Crowns and a Florin”!
|Tiaras & Teapots||Marian Anderson and her Band||The Sunday Class Dance Book 2||CD||2||J40 8||5:48||34.8||Christie MacLeod/Gowan Hill/The Heather Mixture Jig/The Drunken Parson|
Tiaras and Teapots 3/4L · J40
- 1s set, dance down & cast behind 3s (2s step up), dance up ending BtoB facing own sides
- 1s dance 4 bars "Crown Triangles" (1M+2M+3M then 1M+2s, 1L+2L+3L then 1L+3s). 1s pass 2nd corner RSh to dance 1/2 reels of 3 across.
- 1s dance 4 bars "Crown Triangles" (1M+2s then 1M+2L+3L, 1L+3s then 1L+2M+3M). 1s pass 1st corner RSh to dance 1/2 reels of 3 on sides. End 1L at top, 1M in 3rd place in middle
- 1s cross LH. 1M+3s (at top) also 1L+2s (at bottom) dance RH across. 1s turn 3/4 LH remaining in middle facing opp sides as 3s & 2s 1/2 turn RH
- 1M+3L+2L also 1L+3M+2M dance RH across. 1s cross LH to 2nd place own sides as 3s & 2s 1/2 turn RH on sides. 2s+1s+3s set
|Inverurie Christmas Party - Dec 2017||2017-12-13||Brian Anderson||Dec. 13, 2017, 4 p.m.|
|Peterborough & District RSCDS Afternoon Tea Dance 2015-11-06||2015-11-06||Sheila Lewins||Sept. 19, 2015, 9:14 p.m.|
|The Sunday Class St Andrew's Dance 2015-11-29||2015-11-29||Sheila Lewins||Oct. 8, 2015, 6:35 p.m.|
|Sunday Class 5th Annual Dance 2015-03-22||Sheila Lewins||March 2, 2015, 8:22 p.m.|