Dance Gordon's Cider Press 15272
Reel · 32 bars · 5 couples · Square (Progression: 53412)
- Devised by
- Irene Paterson (2011)
- 40408/80808/08088/42442 = 50% (whole dance)
- Extra info
- For Gordon Hutchinson, with thanks ...
For Gordon Hutchinson, with thanks for the cider and all the other organic fruits he brings to functions. This dance has been submitted to the RSCDS for Book 49.
When Irene Paterson taught the dance for the first time at a workshop in Portland it was different: the switching of couples started with 4c, and finished with 1c, the progression being (2,3,4,5,1). Irene subsequently changed the ending, starting the switching with 1c, and leading to the progression (5,3,4,1,2).
Gordon's Cider Press 5S · R32
5c in the middle faces 1c
- 1c+5c RHA ; 5c+3c LHA
- 1c+5c+3c Rsh parallel Reels3, and 5c face 4c
- 4c+5c+2c Lsh parallel Reels, at end 5M with 5W behind face 1W
- 5c+1c change places Rsh and 1c, M leading W, face 4W | 1c+4c repeat ; 4c+3c repeat | 3c+2c repeat and 2c face 1c (5,3,4,1,2)
|Oslo SCD Group Yule Dance 2016||2016-12-12||James Gray||Nov. 28, 2016, 5:42 p.m.|
|ZA 2015-05-11 Fish Hoek Dance Class||Heather Hodgson||May 11, 2015, 1:47 p.m.|
|Marostica Ball||2018-02-10||Regina Freinbichler||Oct. 19, 2017, 1:39 p.m.|
|RSCDS Seattle - Puget Sound Crossroads||2015-06-27||Rachel Pusey||May 25, 2015, 4:13 a.m.|
|Bedford SDG Tuesday Class Autumn 2014||Keith Rose||Oct. 29, 2014, 12:44 a.m.|