Dance Auld Brig o'er the Firth 15374
Jig · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Jon Allen-Friend (2014)
- 822/844/844/880 = 66% (1 turn), 47% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Devised upon the platform at ...
Devised upon the platform at North Queensferry station waiting for a train to Perth delayed by an hour
The dance was revised injune 2016. The previous crib read:
1– 1c cross RH | cast to centre in 2pl (2c up) ; 1c set pivoting R into BtoB facing opp. side | All set as in DTr
9– 1c set BtoB, moving ¼ round R (M facing down, W up) | all set as in DTr ; 1c set moving R ½ (M facing up, W down) | All set as in DTr
17– 1c+1cnrs pass and turn , pass Rsh ; 1c+2cnrs pass and turn
25– 2c+1M & 1W+3c RHA ; 1c pass Rsh to own side | All set (2,1,3)
Auld Brig o'er the Firth 3/4L · J32
- 1c turn RH | cast off (2c up) : set pivoting R into BtoB facing own side | set as in DTr
- 1c set BtoB moving ¼ round R (M face up, W down) | All set as in DTr ; 1c dance (Sk-Ch) ½ clw into BtoB (M face down, W up) | All set as in DTr and 1c face 1cnr
- 1c+1cnrs pass and turn , pass Rsh ; 1c+2cnrs pass and turn (2,1,3)
- 2c+1c R&L (2,1,3)
Rate this Dance
Sign in to rate this dance!
Eric Ferguson · June 23, 2016, 9:16 p.m.
It is a poor idea to change a published dance. That leads to confusion in classes and at dance events when some have heard of the change and others not. If a dance needs a change, republish with a new name.
The transition 16-17 is awkward. 1c faces out the ends, and then has to give Rsh to 1cnr. Eric
Sign in to review this dance!