Dance The Millennium Medley 15445
Medley · 128 bars (S32+R32+S32+R32) · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2413)
- Devised by
- Peter Dawson
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Extra info
- This dance was inspired by ...
This dance was inspired by the threat of computer malfunctions when the year 2000 ticks in, and is dedicated to all those people who will need to work over the Millennium Hogmanay holiday period to sort out the problems. The change from Strathspey to Reel time symbolises the change from one Millennium to the next. The freezing of the dance for a moment at bar 31-32 on the last time through on the variation (THE BUG), symbolises The "Millennium Bug" that threatens to stop the computers. The two circles represent the two zeros that older computers and systems will not recognize.
Once the novelty of the Millennium has passed and with it the danger of computer malfunctions, most dancers will prefer to dance this dance as "THE MILLENIUM MEDLEY".
The Millennium Medley 4/4L · M128
- 1c+2c & 3c+4c Mirror S&link, 1c & 3c dancing inside, 2c & 4c casting up ; 2c+1c & 4c+3c set | 1c & 3c cross RH (2,1x,4,3x)
- Mirror Reels4, Lsh on W side
- 1c+4c ½ R&L (to 2,4x,1,3x) ; 2c+4c & 1c+3c ½ R&L (4,2x,3,1x)
- 4M+2M & 3m+1M cross RH | 4W+2W & 3W+1W cross LH (to 2,4x,1,3x) ; 4c & 3c turn P BH (RH in reel time) 1 ½ (2,4,1,3)
Repeat in Reel Time from new positions.
Note from deviser
Ending of the dance "The Bug" variation (last time through in Reel Time)
- 4c & 3c cross RH
- All step in with R foot in 2 Circle4 formations and freeze
- Finish 1,2,3,4 holding hands in 2 Circle4 formations