Dance The Haggis 17449
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Bill Little (2009)
- 800/888/888/866 = 59% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Dedicated to ‘Days of Dance ...
Dedicated to ‘Days of Dance’ competition.
1 - 8 The first couple go out and bring in the haggis.
9 - 16 Celebrate the shape of it.
17 - 24 Hands across the table / world friendship. Back to back = intermingling socialising.
25 - 32 The twisty road hame in high spirits after a wee dram maybees!
|The Haggis||James Coutts and his Scottish Dance Band||Music for The Carlingwark Collection, Volume One||CD||10||R32 8||4:40||35.0||Duncan Gray/There was a Lad/The White Cockade/Polly Stewart/This is no' my Ain Lassie/Happy Frien'ship/Willie Brewed a Peck o' Maut/My Love She's but a Lassie Yet|
The Haggis 3/4L · R32
- 1c dance between 2c, behind 3c, turn BH (skip change) and dance up to 1pl (1,2,3)
- Circle6 and back
- All (no hands, shaking hands on ) A&R ; dance BtoB (1,2,3)
- 1M+2W cross RH | 1W+2M cross RH ; 2c & 1c Turn P Halfway and Cast (2,1,3)
Turn Halfway and Cast is also known as Half-turn and twirl.
|Northwich Burns' Supper and Dance||2018-01-27||Christine Grove||Jan. 15, 2018, 1 p.m.|
|RSCDS Birmingham - Burns Social 2017||2017-01-28||Nicola Scott||Jan. 4, 2017, 11:14 a.m.|