Dance The Cocker Spaniel 19510
Strathspey · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 3 (Progression: 231)
- Devised by
- Rod Downey (2019)
- 880/800/864/088 = 60% (whole dance)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- A relatively simple dance with ...
A relatively simple dance with an espagnole and an all round poussette for teaching purposes. The recommended set is the one for “The Orchards of County Armagh” as recorded by Marian Anderson and her Band on Belfast Branch Platinum. (”Sailing South” by J. Nicholson, The Sally Gardens (trad), and ”To Pauline” by M. Anderson).
The name is a pun on the Espagnole, I sometimes use when teaching this formation.
The Cocker Spaniel 3/3L · S32
- The Espagnole. 1c face out (2,1,3)
- 1c Fig8 on sides, 1M(1W) LSh round 3M(2W) (2,1,3)
- 1c turn 2c on sides, 1c out and up ; 1c+3c change places EH | all set (2,3,1)
- 1c+3c Poussette (2,3,1)