Dance Tick Tock Goes the Clock 19727
Jig · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Viktor Lehmann
- 844/888/866/888 = 66% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Online Sources
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- In essence, this dance is ...
In essence, this dance is a nod to the region where I grew up, the Black Forest. It‘s famous for its „Cuckoo Clocks“, and the „Tick Tock“ figure reflects the movement of the hands of the clock; the clock then has to be wound up to make it go round again...
Oh Whistle and I'll come tae ye, my lad (Muriel Johnstone's Scottish Dance Band)
Alternatives: Bonnie Dundee (Sandy Legget), Two and two (Ron Kerr)
|Oh Whistle and I'll Come Tae Ye, My Lad||The Craigellachie Band||Craigellachie in Oxford||MC||6||J32 8||4:36||34.5||Borowlaski's Fancy/Harvest Time/The Family Pride/The Weaver and His Wife|
Tick Tock Goes the Clock 3/4L · J32
- 1s cast, pass LS to face 1st crnr, back to back with partner
- "TickTock" (4 bar pattern, to be danced three times): center dancers change places RH with crnrs on the diagonal & set, with new center dancers (back to back) move on one crnr CLW; while free crnrs 1/2 chase CLW to change places. (Positions on bar 16: 2L+3L in top places, 2M+3M in bottom places, all moved 1 plc CCLW, 1s back to back in the center, face 2nd crnr positions)
- 1s+3L+2M 1/2 reel on 2nd diagonal (to 2x 1x 3x).
- All set and XR.
- All circle for 4 slip steps, then set turning on the spot pulling RS back to face CLW, chase (to 2 1 3).