Dance The Goodhind Reel 2607
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- John Drewry (1990)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- The Donside Book 
- Recommended Music
The Goodhind Reel 3/4L · R32
- 1s+2s+3s set, cross RH, set & cross back RH
- 1s+3s dance Double Fig of 8 round 2s (1s cross down to start)
- 1s dance down middle, cross over & cast up to 2nd pl while 2s set & cross RH to 3rd pl while 3s cast up to 1st pl & cross RH (as Muirland W)
- 3s+1s+2s dance 1/2 reel of 3 on sides (3s out & down & 1s cross up to own sides to start). (2) 1 (3)
- 1s+3s change places on sides (1s between 3s) & 3s cross down to 3rd place own side while 1s cast to 2nd place
- 2s+1s change places on sides (1s between 2s) & 2s cross up to 1st place own side while 1s cast to 2nd place
|Morlands 2019-05-31||2019-05-31||John Aitken||Feb. 16, 2019, 5:58 p.m.|
|Win's Dance||2018-08-18||Steve Smith||July 30, 2018, 10:53 a.m.|
|Matlock 2015 - workshops||Truus de Ceuster||Oct. 13, 2016, 12:51 a.m.|
|Muirland WIllie dances||Bruce Herbold||June 11, 2019, 5:42 p.m.|
Rate this Dance
Sign in to rate this dance!
worth the effort
Bruce Herbold · June 25, 2019, 5:51 p.m.
Challenging but satisfying The trick is partly to remember that bottom couple always faces out at the end of each figure. The MuWi figure (or cascade as I am going to continue calling it) is an exceptionally efficient way to get the 1s progressed and the corners diagonally opposite -- Drewry seems to have loved it, and this might be his best use of it.
Sign in to review this dance!