Dance Hebridean Weaving Lilt 2846
Also known as “An Figheadh Dannse” (translation).
Other · 88 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: OnceOnly)
- Devised by
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Introduction to the description: This ...
Introduction to the description: This is an occupational dance for four couples in a longwise set. If possible, the dance should be danced to "mouth music". The step throughout is a running step with a distinctly marked beat on lhe first beat of each bar. Arms are linked instead of Joining hands. Where possible the movements are phrased to eight bars of music, but when this is found too difficult, the dancers keep running on the spot until they can start a new figure with the beginning of a musical phrase.
Hebridean Weaving Lilt 4/4L · -88
- All BtoB twice
- All turn R then L (linked arms)
- 1c run down to 4c (1 step), turn R 1½ (1 step) | turn 4c L, ptr R ; 3c L, ptr R | 2c L, ptr R
- 1c make arch, run down across kneeling Ms (who clap) ; 1c run up across kneeling Ls (who clap)
- The Shuttle: All in middle w/BH hold. 1c dance towards Ms side and back in between 2c and 3c while 2c+3c+4c dance towards Ws side and back ; R w/3c+4c | R to fin below 4c ; 2c+3c+4c retire as 1c run up to top
- The Loom: 1c&3c face down, 2c&4c up making arch. All dance under/over (1 bar per change); pls at ends take 1 bar to turn about individually and start again.
- Threading: W move slightly to L, cross L arm over R, join LH w/ptr, RH w/next M (M do not cross arms). 4L leads string of dancers up the middle under arms, then [from bar 53] acw behind M's line into circle
- Winding the Bobbin: 1M stands still while 4W leads string
of dancers round him in a spiral (8 bars).
1M dives between 4c and leads string clockwise to reform circle.
- All 1½ turn ptr RH (linked arms) | R w/next person LH ; R w/next person RH | R w/next person LH (meet ptr)
- All turn ptr BH (crossed arms) | going acw on circle move towards exit and leave
8-bar phrasing is suggested but not always feasible.
|White Rose Festival Junior Programme||2015-11-29||Irene Dracup||March 27, 2018, 10:50 a.m.|
|Mary Isdal Macnab||2018-01-01||Dance ForFun||Jan. 13, 2017, 1:41 p.m.|
|Bonn Spring Workshop 2018: Life Beyond Jigs, Reels and Strathspeys||2018-03-24||Anselm Lingnau||March 25, 2018, 11:56 a.m.|