Dance The Waterfall 6947
Jig · 64 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4
The Waterfall 4/4L · J64
Note: most of this dance is a fugue. The "first subject" (Bars 1-32) comprises a clockwise chase to 2nd place below, a RH turn moving down another place, and an anticlockwise chase to the bottom. A "second subject" (Bars 33-56) involves a long clockwise chase into RH wheels and then LH wheels which eventually die away.
- 1L (with partner following) casts one place & crosses towards 2M place; 1s turn once RH moving down to 3rd places opp. sides, 1L facing out (2s & 3s step up in 3-4 & 7-8 respectively)
- 1L (with partner following) casts one place and crosses to bottom places own sides and turn once LH WHILE 2s repeat track of 1s in Bars 1-8, i.e. clockwise chase to centre & turn RH moving down to 3rd places opp. sides
- 3s repeat track of 1s in Bars 1-8 to 3rd places opp. sides WHILE 1s & 2s LH across once round and 1s dance 2 places up opp. sides as 2s chase anticlockwise to bottom places own sides (as 1s in Bars 9-12)
- 3s chase anticlockwise to bottom places own sides (as 1s in Bars 9-12 - 2s step up on 27-28) WHILE 4s repeat clockwise chase of 1s Bars 1-4 to centre, just below 2nd places and (NB) turn 1½ RH moving UP to top places own sides (order now 4, 1, 2, 3)
- 4L (with partner following) casts 3 places to bottom of L side (others step up 1 place in 35-36), then 4L crosses at bottom and casts up to 3M place, 4M to own place, WHILE 1s chase similarly, 1L to 4L place, 1M to 3L place (2s & 3s step up in 39-40)
- 4s & 1s (on M & L sides respectively) RH across once round and back LH across WHILE 2s and 3s repeat clockwise chases of 4s & 1s respectively in Bars 33-40.
- 2s & 3s, passing same-sex persons RSh as they dance in, RH across just ¾ round (NB), then turn partners LH to own sides, 3s once in 4 bars to 3rd places, 2s ½ to 4th places & stand for 2 bars WHILE 1s leading 4s reverse their chases, anticlockwise up L side to 1st & 2nd places own sides (order now 1, 4, 3, 2).
- With Ls casting off to start, all chase clockwise halfway round set & turn partners 1½ RH to end 2, 3, 4, 1
|White Rose 2017 Demonstration dances||2017-07-08||John Aitken||May 19, 2017, 10:11 a.m.|
|150615 The More Unusual Dance Club||2015-06-15||Peter Dixon||Nov. 24, 2016, 4:58 p.m.|
|Hugh Foss Dances- 'The Reel' Issue 303||Elaine Davies||Oct. 13, 2017, 2:39 p.m.|