Dance William Elphinstone 7161
Strathspey · 32 bars · 5 couples · Longwise - 5 (Progression: 53412)
- Devised by
- John Drewry (1994)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Devised: 1994 A dance to ...
Devised: 1994 A dance to mark 500 years since the foundation of the Universityof Aberdeen by Bishop Elphinstone.
William Elphinstone 5/5L · S32
- 1s+2s also 3s+4s Set+Link, 2s+1s & 4s+3s circle 4H left
- 1s & 3s turn 1st corners RH, 1M dances LH across with 2s as 3L dances LH across with 5s ending with 1M & 3L in centre facing opp side while 1L & 3M dance LH across with 4s for 2 steps, 1L & 3M continue to turn as 4s dance out of wheel turning right & dance to opposite side
- End trios dance 6 bar snake : 1M leads 2M+2L out & down to bottom 1M ends in 4M place while 3L leads 5L+5M out & up to top 3L ends in 2L place while 1L+3M+4s dance 1/2 reel of across set in 3rd place & 1L dances to 4L place, 4L to 3L place, 3M to 2M place & 4M to 3M place, all join hands in circle & set. 5 3 4 1 2
- All circle 10H round & back