Dance Video The Sound of Harris (Video 1)
There seems to be a problem with video playback in your browser.
- The Sound of Harris (R48, John Drewry: Hamilton Silver Anniversary)
- Added by
- Martina Mueller-Franz (July 26, 2012, 1:28 p.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Good (What does this mean?)
The instructions say 1st lady, 3rd lady and 3rd man should pull right shoulders back to face up/down after the half turn of bars 15-16 which is omitted from this performance.
Back to the videos for this dance
The Sound of Harris 3/3L · R48
- 1c set | cross down RH (2c up) ; set as DTr | 1c turn 1cnr RH into lines across (1W above, 1M below)
- All set | change pl RH up/dn ; all set | turn opposite RH ½, 1W+3M+3W then pivoting R to form close pairs, 1c facing up in centre, and 2c behind 3c facing down on the sides
- Rsh Tandem Reel3 across (pairs 1W+1M, 3L+2L & 3M+2M each dancing as 1 person) (to 2,1,3)
- All M LHA and all W RHA ; Repeat, each dancer switching wheel when meeting P in the centre (as in Alison Rose)
- 1c followed by 3c+2c dance up, cross & cast (to 2,3,1) ; all C turn RH
- Circle6 & back (2,3,1)