Dance Video Bratach Bana (Video 5)
- Bratach Bana (R32, John Drewry: Bon Accord Book of Scottish Country Dances)
- Added by
- Eric Ferguson (Oct. 31, 2014, 1:33 a.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Good (What does this mean?)
Published on Oct 28, 2014
This is a teaching video of a Scottish Country Dance. There are audio and on screen instructions and a bar counter. The dancers wear numbered coloured tabards so that the learner can follow a particular dancer through the dance.
The Ochil Scottish Country Dancers videoed this dance in August 2014 at St Ninian's Parish Church Hall, Stirling, Scotland.
Back to the videos for this dance
Bratach Bana 3/4L · R32
- 1c turn RH | cast off (2c up) ; ½ Fig8 to R around 1cnr (to 2,1x,3)
- ½Reel3 on sides (Rsh to 2cnr) ; ½Reel3 across (Lsh to 3cnr position), finish on sides (3x,1,2x)
- 1c turn ¾ LH, Turn 1cnr person (3cnr position) RH ; pass Rsh, turn 2cnr person (4cnr position) ¾ RH to promhold (cnr on the right)
- These pairs change places Rsh | drop left hand and turn RH ½ to sidelines ; half diagonal R&L (1st diagonal direction)
Note on [27-28]: originally 2 PdB. modified by Drewry to SkCh. O. Otto says best variant is corners in PdB, 1c in SkCh