Dance Video The Garry Strathspey (Video 4)
- The Garry Strathspey (S32, James B Cosh: Twenty Two SCD)
- Added by
- Arthur Baum (Jan. 3, 2015, 10:16 p.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Informal/Social (RSCDS) (What does this mean?)
The pipe tune used is not the Jigtime Polka, but the dance is in fact the Garry Strathspey, contrary to what someone states in one of the comments. It is danced by two all-female sets viewed from behind the ladies' side. (You can tell it is behind the ladies' side because first couple dances up the middle on bars 13-16). Some mistakes and false starts, but a good overall impression of the dance.
The sets are on stage in the back of the hall, viewed over the heads of the audience, and show only the heads and bodies. It is well-nigh impossible to follow the dance, unless you know it well. Useless for learning or teaching.
Back to the videos for this dance
The Garry Strathspey 4/4L · S32
- 1c+2c & 3c+4c ½R&L ; 1c+4c ½R&L (2x,4,1,3x)
- 2c+4c & 1c+3c ½circle4 L | 2c+3c ½circle4 R ; 1c lead to top (others step down) (to 1x,4x,3x,2x)
- End couples facing middle couples All Set H.Schottische ; half G-Chain (2,3,4,1)
- All Reels4 on own sides.