Dance Video Postie's Jig (Video 3)
There seems to be a problem with video playback in your browser.
- Postie's Jig (J32, Roy Clowes: Ormskirk Scottish Dances - Memorial Edition)
- Added by
- Martina Mueller-Franz (Sept. 19, 2012, 9:50 a.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Demonstration quality (What does this mean?)
Twice through; by RSCDS Vancouver Demonstration Team.
Back to the videos for this dance
Postie's Jig 4/4L · J32
- 1c+4c set, cast to middle positions (2c+3c step to end) ; 1c&4c ½ Fig8 round end C (2,1x,4x,3)
- 1M+4M and 1W+4W cross NHJ, (W under men's arch), turn cnr ¾ with 'free' hand ; 1c facing 4c change places NHJ (arch going up), turn cnr as before
- Repeat (Men's arch ; arch going up)
- 1c+4c ½ R&L ; turn P RH
Note that both times the couple moving UP makes the arch.