Dance Video Tiptoe and sway (Video 1)
- Tiptoe and sway (R32, John Bayly: Imperial Book of Scottish Country Dances - Volumes 1-3)
- Added by
- Martina Mueller-Franz (April 17, 2017, 5:52 p.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Reasonable (What does this mean?)
In this video the dance is performed as a S32+R32 medley, four times through. The dance description says “This may also be danced as a strathspey”, so doing it as a medley is only logical in order to give each dancing couple the opportunity to experience it both ways.
Recorded at the Kuckucksnest, 14 April 2017. Music (a spur-of-the-moment arrangement) played by Anselm Lingnau.
Back to the videos for this dance
Tiptoe and sway 3/4L · R32
- 1s turn RH & cast 1 place, 2s+1s+3s turn RH, 2s & 1s cast 1 place while 3s lead to top & face out
- 3s+1s dance double Fig of 8 round standing 2s
- 3s turn RH & cast 1 place, 2s+3s+1s turn RH, 2s & 3s cast 1 place while 1s lead to top
- 1s+2s dance Allemande