Dance Video Nothing in Common (Video 2)
- Nothing in Common (S32, Susi Mayr: The Merse Collection)
- Added by
- Eric Ferguson (June 16, 2017, 1:07 a.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Good (What does this mean?)
There are lots of great videos of Scottish country dances available, and I use them quite frequently if I want some details about a dance.
But those video always show the dance from the outside and do not catch a dancer's point of view. And dancing is so much nicer when you are part of the set rather than watching from the sideline.
I wanted to make a video, which is shot from the inside and provides some immersion feeling. We ran through the dance more than a dozen times and I collated one version from all the takes. I did not succeed of really catching a single dancer's perspective, as the clip from the body cameras were too hectic; but I like the result well enough to share.
(Source: Strathspey posting of the creator of the video)
Back to the videos for this dance
Nothing in Common 2/3L · S32
- Reel4 across, 1W+2M pass Lsh to start, at the end 1M+2W curve clw to bring 1M, 1W, 2M, 2W onto midline, all facing P.
- 1c+2c ½ Reel4 ; turn P RH 1¼ to (2,1)
- 2c+1c set | turn BH ; into Circle4 L
- 2c+1c Poussette