Dance Video Aird of Coigach (Video 2)
There seems to be a problem with video playback in your browser.
- Aird of Coigach (J48, John Bayly: Imperial Book of Scottish Country Dances - Volumes 1-3)
- Added by
- YouTube Automatic Downloader (Dec. 17, 2012, 3:17 p.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Reasonable (What does this mean?)
Back to the videos for this dance
Aird of Coigach 4/4L · J48
- All four men cross above P, cast below 4W and back up own side to 4,3,2,1
- All circle8 and back, end in a square set, with the dancers spaced equally around the circle.
- 1M+LH person (=2M) & 1W+LH person (=2W) dance as pairs diagonally across the circle (1M pair forms arch, 1W pair passes under) through opposite places, divide and 1M & 1W cast R to pick up next person on left in the circle ; 1W+3M & 1M+3W repeat across
- 1W+4W & 1M+4M repeat diagonally ; 1W+2M & 1M+2W repeat up and down
- Top and bottom couples cross RH to start 4 changes of a snow ball chain, to finish Men 2,3,4,1 and Women 1,4,3,2
- All women cross below opposite man, cast up round top and down own side to longwise set 2,3,4,1