Dance Video Boxing the Compass (Video 1)
- Boxing the Compass (M128, Malcolm Brown)
- Added by
- Murrough Landon (May 12, 2019, 1:15 p.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Reasonable (What does this mean?)
Starts well with a few recovered mishaps towards the end.
Back to the videos for this dance
Boxing the Compass 4/4L · M128
- All set | 1c+2c & 3c+4c ½ RHA ; all set | 1c+4c ½ RHA, 2c facing 4c & 1c facing 3c at end (2x,4x,1x,3x)
- All Petronella Turn into 2 lines of 4 across | set ; parallel ½ Reels4 across
- All Petronella Turn to sidelines | set ; parallel ½ Reels4 (3,1x,4x,2)
- 3c & 2c cross RH | ¾ Circle8 L into 2 lines of 4 across (2,4,1,3)
Repeat in Strathspey time, and twice in Reel Time
Note from deviser:
At the end of the 2nd repeat, every one will be opposite where they started, i.e. in their partner’s original place.