Dance Ampersand 10269
Strathspey · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Sue McKinnell (2001)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Extra info
- This dance was named because ...
This dance was named because the figure danced by 1M in bars 9-16 reminds me of the ampersand ('&') character.
|Adieu Mon Ami||Muriel Johnstone's Band||Book 24, Twelve Scottish Country Dances||CD+||11||S32 8||8:22||62.8||Miss Margaret Gordon/Earl Gaddis/Manderston House/Miss Gibson|
Ampersand 3/4L · S32
- 1c+2c »Modified Bourrel« [: same as The Bourrel but on [7-8] 1c turn BH 1¼ to 2plx, 1W facing out] (2,1x,3)
- 1c in tandem (1W leading) Fig8 on 1diag, RSh to 2M, LSh to 3W into DTr position facing opposite sides
- DTr ending as on 
- 1M+2W+3W & 1W+3M+2M Circle3 L. On  1c pass LSh to exchanged places ; 1M+3M+2M & 1W+2W+3W Circle3 L. On , 1c curve into 2pl (2,1,3)