Dance Miller's Crossing 10678
Jig · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Bob McMurtry (1998)
- 800/888/800/880 = 44% (whole dance)
- Published in
- The Devil's Quandary 
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- For Ken and Cathleen Miller ...
For Ken and Cathleen Miller, wonderful dancers in the Soquel Class.
In the "advanced" version, 2c+3c dance two successive half reels3 across. In the first half reels, 2M & 3W will be the "lead dancers" (the first to pass the incoming 1C dancer). In the second half reel, 2W & 3M wil be the lead dancers. That phrasing differs from that of a full reel3, where the same dancer leads in both halves. The path danced remains normal, but during bars 3-6 2M+3W must slow down, and 2W+3M speed up, to pass their partners correctly in the middle on bar 7.
|Miller's Crossing||D B Grosjean & A Imbrie||The Devil's Quandary||CD||10||J32 8||4:46||35.8||Miller's Crossing/Cape Breton/Favorite Castletone Connors/Greenholm|
Miller's Crossing 3/4L · J32
- 1c cross RH | cast off ; 1c ½ Fig8 up round 2c. 2c step up on [7-8] (2,1,3)
- Reels3 on sides, 1c RSh to 4cnrs (2,1,3)
- 1c ½Fig8 R, LSh round 1cnrs ; repeat, LSh round 3cnrs to 2pl (2,1,3)
- 2c+1c R&L (2,1,3)
Deviser's note: Advanced version
- ½ Reels3 across, 1c LSh to 1cnrs ; ½ Reels3 across, 1c LSh to 3cnrs[pos] (2,1,3)
|White Rose Afternoon Massed 2020||2020-07-11||Catherine Livsey||Feb. 2, 2020, 3:29 p.m.|
|White Rose Festival Afternoon Dances 2020||2020-07-11||Keith Rose||Jan. 19, 2020, 1:58 p.m.|
|2014-06-12 Tam O'Shanter Annual Dance||2014-06-12||Amy Martin||July 11, 2014, 11:13 a.m.|