Dance Christine Miller's Reel 10903
Reel · 32 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2341)
- Devised by
- Ruary Laidlaw (1997)
- 8888/8888/8888/8000 = 81% (whole dance)
- Chase (CHASE)
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Extra info
- Ruary writes: The formations are ...
Ruary writes: The formations are:
All four couples set twice and cross to partner's place.
First couple, followed by the other 3 couples, lead down the middle for 4 steps and cast back to place.
First couple cross over RH and cast to the bottom of the set on the opposite side. The other three couples join hands and move up. First couple turn with the RH one and a half times to finish on their own side in 4th place. [seems to be incomplete]
Ruary also wrote: Set twice and cross RH, and back, lead down the middle and cast back Cross, cast and turn RH.
Originally, the last 4 bars were a half figure of eight, but by 2004 this had been changed to turn right once and a half
|Lothian Lads||Lothian Scottish Dance Band||Scotland - The Dances and Dance Bands||CD+||8||R32 8||4:31||33.9||Lothian Lads/East Dene/Iain Stevenson's Reel/Miss Ena Wilson|
|Lothian Lads||Lothian Scottish Dance Band||In Strict Tempo||LP+||14||R32 8||4:31||33.9||Lothian Lads/East Dene/Iain Stevenson's Reel/Miss Ena Wilson|
|Christine Miller's Reel||Peter Elmes' Scottish Country Dance Band||One Step at a Time||CD||2||R32 4||2:31||37.8||Far Frae Hame/The Storrers Hornpipe/Victoria Hornpipe|
Christine Miller's Reel 4/4L · R32
- All join hands on sides, set twice, cross RH (4 bars)
- Repeat bars 1-8 back to places
- 1s, followed by 2s+3s+4s, lead down & cast up to original places
- 1s cross RH, cast to 4th place (2s+3s+4s step up 27-28); 1s turn 1.1/2 RH. End 2 3 4 1
Note: originally bars 29-32: 1s dance 1/2 Fig of 8 round 4s. The dance was revised in 2004 with the new ending.