Dance Mi Amigo 11072
Also known as “Javier's Jig”.
Jig · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 3 (Progression: 231)
- Devised by
- Gayle Graham (1992)
- 808/800/888/804 = 63% (whole dance)
- Reel of three - on side (REEL;R3;SIDES;)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Extra info
- This dance was written in ...
This dance was written in honor of our amigo, Javier Cortina, a student from Spain for two years. The figures represent his travel from Madrid to Portland and getting to know us - Los Norteamericanos. This dance was presented and first danced in the Vancouver, USA class in Vancouver, Washington, on July 8, 1992.
Mi Amigo 3/3L · J32
- 1W+3M cross RH | 1M+3W cross LH ; repeat. 1M face out (1,2,3)
- 1M (1W following) cast off one place | dance to 2plx (2c up) ; 1W pulling LSh back (1M following) cast off one place | dance to 3pl (3c up) (2,3,1)
- Parallel Reels3 on sides, 1c LSh to 3c (2,3,1)
- 3c+1c set diagonally | set to P ; 1c turn P RH (2,3,1)
For less experienced dancers, bars 17-24 may be danced with only 1st couple dancing a figure of eight around 2nd and 3rd couples.