Dance Mòran Taing 13361
Strathspey · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Norah Link (2007)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Montréal Moments 
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Written as a big "thank-you ...
Written as a big "thank-you" to the Montréal Branch for many years of great dancing and camaraderie.
|Mòran Taing||Les Joueurs de Bon Accord||Music for Scottish Country Dancing||CD||5||S32 8||8:43||65.4||Montréal Summers/Lady Hope of Pinkie/Miss Irene Fidler's Strathspey|
Mòran Taing 3/4L · S32
- 1c turn RH | cast (2c up) ; ½ Fig8 up between 2c (2,1x,3)
- 3C S&Link twice (3x,1,2x)
- ½ Reels3 across, 1c Lsh to 1cnrs[pos] ; ½ Reels3 on sidelines, 1c Rsh to 2cnrs[pos] (2,1x,3)
- 1c ½ Fig8 down between 3c ; dance down between 3c and cast to 2pl (2,1,3)
It this dance is being done in a 3 couple set, on bars 29-32, 1st couple gives nearer hands to dance down between 3rd couple, then makes a long turn into 3rd place on the last 2 bars, as 3rd couple steps up into 2nd place.
|November 23rd Red Barn social||2019-11-23||Holly Boyd||Oct. 15, 2019, 5:40 p.m.|
|Hogmanay 2018||2018-12-29||Holly Boyd||Dec. 4, 2018, 3:16 p.m.|