Dance Away Tae Moray 13446
Also known as “The Telford Hornpipe”.
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Pat Clark (2008)
- Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- The dance "Away Tae Moray ...
The dance "Away Tae Moray" was composed in July 2008 for the chairman of the RSCDS Inverness and District Branch. It was included in their 2009 "Diamond Jubilee Collection" under the name "The Telford Hornpipe". The deviser republished the dance in her own "The Corberry Collection" using the original name, which she prefers.
|The Telford Hornpipe||Colin Dewar and his Scottish Dance Band||The Diamond Jubilee Collection - Inverness & District Branch||CD||13||R32 8||4:50||36.2||Kirsteen MacCorquodale/Hornpipe/Qumdaro/Albert's Hornpipe|
Away Tae Moray 3/4L · R32
- 1s dance down below 3s & cast up to 2nd place; 2s+1s+3s set & 1/2 turn partner RH to end facing down in Allemande hold
- 2s+1s+3s dance Allemande (down to start). (3)(1)(2)
- 3s+1s+2s dance 1/2 reel of 3 with 3s & 1s crossing down from top; 2s turn RH 1.1/2 times while 1s+3s turn on sides (Men LH, ladies RH) 2 1 3
- 2s+1s+3s circle 6H round & back
Note: dance included in Inverness Diamond Jubilee Collection with the title "The Telford Hornpipe" The deviser's preferred title is "Away Tae Moray"
|Kilmorack Tuesday Evening Class 28th January 7:30pm Start||2020-01-28||Peter Jamieson||Jan. 22, 2020, 10:21 p.m.|
|180319 The More Unusual Dance Club||2018-03-19||Peter Dixon||Feb. 23, 2018, 1:13 p.m.|
|Day School Dance - RSCDS Inverness & District Branch||2020-02-01||Derek Darnell||Dec. 29, 2019, 3:29 p.m.|