Dance Hudson Landing 13768
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Chris Ronald (2009)
- 800/888/888/888 = 83% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- With thanks to Jim Rae ...
With thanks to Jim Rae whose ‗Dancing in the Cuckoo‘s Nest‘ inspired bars 9 to 16.
Devised in July 2009.
The dance recalls the miraculous landing on 15 January 2009 of US Airways Flight 1549 on the Hudson River, just a mile or two south of our home in Edgewater.
Music Rakes of Mallow. A suitable recording is ‗Cromarties Rant‘, RSCDS Books 31 & 32, Alistair Wood and his Scottish Country Dance Band, track 10.
Hudson Landing 3/4L · R32
- 1s cross RH & cast 1 place, 1s dance 1/2 Figs of 8 (1M with 2s, 1L with 3s)
- 1s turn LH to face 3rd corners (pstn) while corners dance 1 place clockwise, 1s turn 3rd corners RH while 2nd corners (pstn) set
- 1s turn LH to face 2nd corner (pstns) while corners dance 1 place cl'wise, 1s turn 2nd crnrs RH to end 2nd pl opp sides while 1st corners set
- 1s dance 1/2 LSh reels of 3 on sides (1L up, 1M down), 1s dance 1/2 reels of 3 across (1L with 2s, 1M with 3s) ending 2nd place own sides
- All dance 6H round & back
|170918 The More Unusual Dance Club||2017-09-18||Peter Dixon||Aug. 28, 2017, 4:31 a.m.|
|Silver Cross New||Peter Dixon||July 24, 2017, 5:46 p.m.|
|OUSDS Trinity Term Dance||2018-06-12||Rachel Pusey||June 12, 2018, 4:35 p.m.|