Dance On Bended Knee 13884
Jig · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Iain Boyd (2006)
- 551/551/800/888 = 42% (whole dance)
- Figure of Eight - half (FIG8;1C;HALF;)
- Hands round - 6 - and back (HR;6P;BACK;)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Presented to Miriam Dose and ...
Presented to Miriam Dose and Duncan Laidlaw to celebrate their engagement. Duncan went down ‘on bended knee’ and proposed to Miriam on Sunday 1st January 2006 after the completion of the midnight ceremonies at the 2005-2006 New Zealand Branch Summer School in Auckland.
Devised over Monday and Tuesday the 2nd and 3rd January 2006. Not having my dances with me, I was having trouble devising a suitable dance until Noeline O’Connor suggested including ‘M’s for Miriam - bars 5-6 and bars 13-14.
|Old Nick's Lumber Room||Bobby Brown and The Scottish Accent||Ready...And!||CD+||4||J32 8||4:27||33.4||Roxburgh Quick Step/Life Let Us Cherish/Blackberry Quadrille/The Night Cap|
On Bended Knee 3/4L · J32
- 1M+2M dance Rsh round 2W/3W, dance up and face W side ; with hands as DDTr set | cast to own place
- 1W+2W dance Lsh round 2M/3M, dance up and face M side ; with hands as DDTr set | cast to own place
- 1c cross RH | cast off (2c up) ; ½ Fig8 L (M down, W up) (2,1,3)
- Circle6 and back
After each second time through, 1c step down on [1-2] as 4c step in and up to 3pl.
|141018 Eindhoven Matinee||2014-10-18||Martina Mueller-Franz||Oct. 15, 2014, 9:21 a.m.|
|SF summer 2019||Rachel Pusey||July 31, 2019, 5:07 a.m.|
|NZ SS Tue 2.1.18 President's Ball||2018-01-02||Diana Hastie||Nov. 17, 2017, 5:59 a.m.|
|Eindhoven 2014-10-18||2014-10-18||Truus de Ceuster||Oct. 15, 2014, 3:37 p.m.|