Dance Poohsticks 14287
Jig · 40 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2413)
- Devised by
- Gillian Mackintosh (2008)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- As music the author suggests ...
As music the author suggests "any lively jig".
Poohsticks 4/4L · J40
- 1s cross down RH to 2nd place opp sides as 4s cross up LH to 3rd place opp sides (2s & 3s step down/up). 1s & 4s set to partners
- 1s+4s dance RH across while 2s & 3s set Advancing, 1/2 turn 2H (PdeB) to face partners raising arms to make arches
- 1L followed by 4L casts out & up Men's side to top & under arch made by 2s into 3rd / 2nd place own sides facing down while 4M followed by 1M dance similar casting out & down Ladies' side, under arch made by 3s into 2nd / 3rd place own sides (2s & 3s drop hands, remain in centre)
- 1L followed by 4L dance 1/2 tandem reel of 3 on sides with 3M+2M (pass 3M RSh) while 4M followed by 1M dance similar with 2L+3L (pass 2L RSh)
- As bars 5-8 but LH across
- As bars 9-12 but 1L+4L cast out & up Ladies side, under arches made by 3s to 3rd / 2nd place opp sides , 4M+1M cast out & down Men's side, under arches made by 2s to 2nd / 3rd place opp sides
- As bars 13-16 but passing LSh to start
- 1s+4s dance 1/2 RH across and set. End 2 4 1 3
- All circle 8H round & back