Dance Burnaby at Forty 14537
Strathspey · 40 bars · 4 couples · Square (Progression: 2341)
- Devised by
- Rosemary Coupe
- 6666 6666 6666 6666 8888 = 80% (1 turn), 80% (whole dance)
- Glasgow Highlanders, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Devised for the 40th anniversary ...
Devised for the 40th anniversary of the Burnaby SCD Club.
Note (additional to the book and the Manual). Collected by Helen Russell from staff teaching The Diamond Jubilee book at Summer School 2012.
21 - 24, 29 - 32, 33 - 40 Long steps to cross diagonally, shorter steps to cast.
|Burnaby at Forty||Frank Thomson and his Scottish Dance Band||The Diamond Jubilee Year||CD||6||S40 4||5:28||65.6||Ruth & George O'Connor's Strathspey/Mrs Rae Wallace/Sister Thomson's Strathspey/Frank's Favourite|
Burnaby at Forty 4S · S40
- All set to P with Glasgow Highlanders step (right foot), pull back Rsh | Set to cnr (GH, left foot), pull back Lsh and M face out ; All M dance cclw half round
- Repeat [1-4] and W face out ; All W dance clw half round (3,4,1,2)
- All turn P RH ; All M cross diag to R and cast R round that W to next M's place
- All turn new P RH ; All W cast behind the M and cross diag to R to beside own P and face out (4,1,2,3)
- Half Schiehallion Reel (2,3,4,1)
Burnaby at Forty 4S · S40
- All set to partners (Glasgow Highlander setting - right foot), pull RSh back to face corner. Repeat setting to corner (left foot), pull LSh back towards partner. Men face out, ladies face in
- Men pass partners by Left, dance anticlockwise 1/2 way round set
- All repeat 1-4 with new partners and corners. Men face in, ladies face out
- Ladies pass partners by Right, dance clockwise 1/2 way round set, finish facing original partner
- All turn partner RH once round, Men cross diagonally one place to right, cast round next lady into next man's place
- All turn new partner RH once round. Ladies face out, cast to right round new partner, cross diagonally to right to face out beside original partner
- All dance 1/2 Schiehallion Reels (2 places)
Repeat, having passed a couple.
|FSCDC 21 August 2012||2012-08-21||Anselm Lingnau||Aug. 21, 2012, 1:31 p.m.|
|new farm 3||George Hobson||Aug. 17, 2020, 5:02 p.m.|
|RSCDS AGM 2013 Dance (Friday)||Anselm Lingnau||Oct. 16, 2013, 2:27 a.m.|
|Cambridge Class 2019-04||Charles Liu||April 18, 2019, 9:02 p.m.|
Rate this Dance
Sign in to rate this dance!
Anselm Lingnau · Aug. 22, 2012, 2:58 p.m.
Taught (and danced) this in the Frankfurt group. It is a reasonable choreography but gets tedious 4 times through – you always meet the same people in the same places, the only thing that changes is who gets to be top couple. The four-bar turns in the second part are a bit of a downer and might profitably be replaced with set (common schottische) and a turn in two bars.
I could see myself using this in a display choreography but not more than one time through.
Sign in to review this dance!