Dance The Highland Light Infantry 14750
Also known as “The H.L.I.”.
Jig · 32 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2341)
- Devised by
- Barry Skelton (1999)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Beyond 2000 
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Description sent to SCDDB by ...
Description sent to SCDDB by Rod Downey, March 2013. The preferred recording is Fete Champetre by David Hall and his Scottish Dance Band (featuring the tune Teddy Bears' Picnic).
|Fete Champetre||David Hall and his Scottish Dance Band||Diamond Jubilee||CD+||15||J128 1||2:28||37.0||Teddy Bears' Picnic|
The Highland Light Infantry 4/4L · J32
- all set. 1,2; 3,4 3/4 R & L
- active couples dance just past partner RS, and turn to the Right (so ladies face up and men down)
- 1M dances down to opposite 3M place, 4M dances down to below 4M place; ladies up similarly.
- 1M, 4M dance out to the sidelines and face up pulling back RS; ladies similarly down, also RS back.
- in a line of 3 1M, 3M and 4M dance up into respectively 2M, 3M and 4M place; ladies similarly
- repeat 9-16 but with 2L opposite 1M and 3M opposite 4L as active center couples to begin, taking the roles of 1C and 4C of 9-16. Finish in order 2C, 1C, 4C, 3C
- 1C, 4C, 3C dance a 3 couple set and rotate.