Dance Curleywee 1485
Also known as “Curlywee” (spelling).
Strathspey · 32 bars · 2 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 21)
- Devised by
- Hugh Foss
- 88/44/88/88 = 60% (whole dance)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- The original publications (Galloway Hills ...
The original publications (Galloway Hills Set and Galloway Album) use the spelling Curleywee. In the Collins book the name is missspelled Curlywee.
Curleywee is the name of a hill in Galloway: from the Gaelic Cor le gaoith, (Hill in the wind).
Curleywee 2/4L · S32
- 1s+2s set adv & 1M also 2L cross in front of other ptnr to Men facing up & Ls down, all set & 2M also 1L cross to right, all set & retire to opp sides
- 1s lead up, cross to own sides & cast 1 place, 2s lead down, cross to own sides & cast up to 1st place
- 2s+1s cross RH & circle 4H round to left 1/2 way, 1s+2s cross LH & circle 4H round to right 1/2 way
- 2s+1s dance double Fig of 8 (1s crossing up to start)
|RSCDS-LA Zoom Class, November 13, 2020||2020-11-13||Tony McQuilkin||Nov. 14, 2020, 6:30 a.m.|
|Scottish Sleuth||Mary Olszowka||March 30, 2017, 12:07 a.m.|
|2-Couple Dances A - C||Meinhard Reiser||Feb. 27, 2019, 4:49 p.m.|
|Chemnitz_Friday||SCD Chemnitz||Feb. 6, 2018, 6:27 p.m.|