Dance Mairrit at Last 14901
Jig · 40 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Bruce Herbold
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- My wife and I dated ...
My wife and I dated in the 70s, but then broke up for 17 years. This dance was part of our wedding celebration in 1999 and represents various aspects: the first 8 bars represent the diamond ring with which I engaged her, the reels chronicle our parallel lives while apart, the chase is self-explanatory, I hope, the Double Triangles represent our sharing the news with friends and the Promenade is the wedding.
Mairrit at Last 3/4L · J40
- 1c dance BtoB ; 1c+2c Circle4 L
- Parallel Reels3, 1c Rsh to 2c to start, at end 1c+2c continue the reel to exchanged places, 1M facing out (2,1,3)
- 1M followed by 1W cast R round 2M, dance down the middle, 1c pulling Rsh back at end ; 1W followed by 1M cast L round 2M to 2pl, 1M pulling Rsh back & 1c ending BtoB facing own sides
- DTr, at end 2c & 3c advance to join P for
- 3C Promenade