Dance DYM 180 15337
Strathspey · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 3 (Progression: 312)
- Devised by
- Chris & Sue Ronald (2006)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Devised by Chris and Sue ...
Devised by Chris and Sue Ronald, October 2006, for Marion and William Salmon. The title of the dance refers to the number plate of a very special motor car.
The movement on bars 5-8, 13-16 and 21-24 was devised by Kathy Wendell. See bars 9-16 of The Rose Garden, San Francisco Collection, Volume 2
Bars 1 – 4 1st couple cross passing by right shoulder, and cast off one place on partner's side as 2nd couple step up.
5 – 8 1st couple set advancing, passing back to back on the second step, pull right shoulders back to face partner and turn with both hands to finish facing first corners ; on bar 8, 1st man pulls right shoulder back and 1st woman helps him round with her right hand (in his left hand).
9 - 12 1st couple set to and turn first corners with both hands. 1st woman finishes between 2nd couple at top, 1st man finishes between 3rd couple.
13 – 16 1st couple set advancing, passing back to back on the second step, pull right shoulders back to face partner and turn with both hands to finish facing 2nd corner, 1st woman helping partner as on bar 8.
17 - 20 1st couple set to and turn second corners, finishing in 2nd place on partner's side.
21 – 24 1st couple set advancing, passing back to back on the second step, pull right shoulders back to face partner and turn three-quarters round with both hands, to finish woman above man in the centre; at the last moment, they release both hands, and pull right shoulder back so that woman faces up and man faces down.
25 - 28 1st woman with 2nd couple, 1st man with 3rd couple, right hands across, again finishing with woman above man in the centre (left shoulder to left shoulder).
29 – 32 (Snake figure) 1st man, followed by 3rd man and 3rd woman, dances up the women's side, across the top and half way down the men's side; while 1st woman followed by 2nd woman and 2nd man, dances down the men's side, across the bottom and half way up the women's side.
Finish in order 3,1,2. Repeat from new places.
DYM 180 3/3L · S32
- 1s cross RSh & cast 1 place, set Advancing passing partner LSh & turning right about to face partner then turn with 2H to face 1st corners
- 1s set to & turn 1st corners to end 1L between 2s & 1M b'tw'n 3s, set advcg passing prtnr LSh turning right about then turn prtnr 2H to face 2nd crnr
- 1s set to & turn 2nd corners to end 2nd place opp sides, set advcg pass prtnr LSh turning right about then turn prtnr 2H to 1L facing up & 1M down
- 1L+2s also 1M+3s dance RH across, 1L (passing partner LSh) followed by 2s dance down Men's sides & crosses at bottom up to 2nd place own side as 1M followed by 3s dance up Ladies' side & crosses at top & down to 2nd place to end in order 3 1 2
|Class 1-9-18||2018-01-09||Sarah Harriman||Jan. 29, 2018, 7:25 p.m.|
|Strathspey 3/3L||Verl Girl||May 7, 2016, 11:36 a.m.|