Dance Eric's Reel 15640
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Ian Brockbank
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Unfortunately the dance was published ...
Unfortunately the dance was published without background notes.
The Eric in question is Eric Liddell, the runner made famous by the film "Chariots of Fire". The dance was written for a beginners class which met in the Eric Liddell Centre in Morningside, Edinburgh. It was the 9th October 2012, their 3rd class of the season. I was introducing them to setting, and I wanted a dance with plenty of practice for setting that contrasted with the other dance that evening (Bonnie Geordie's Wig), but didn't require any figures we hadn't encountered yet.
Seonaid Lynn was musician for the class that evening, and when she heard I had written a new dance for the class, she decided to write a tune to go with it, which she also premiered that night; this is the tune which Graeme Munro plays on the CD to accompany the RSCDS Edinburgh Branch 90th Anniversary book.
|Eric's Reel||Graeme Munro and his Band||90 - Twelve anniversary dances celebrating ninety years of RSCDS Edinburgh Branch||CD||2||R32 8||4:47||35.9||Eric's Reel/The Down Express/The Dean Brae/Loch Torridon/Thurso Wedding/The Queen's Bridge/Market Chorus|
Eric's Reel 3/4L · R32
- 1c cross R | cast off [2c up] ; 1c turn R [to 2x]
- All set twice in sidelines ; 1c turn R 1¼ [to 1L+2c, 1M+3c facing in lines across]
- All set twice in lines across ; 1c turn R 1¼ [to 2pl; 1M face up, 1L down]
- All dance clockwise once round
Eric's Reel 3/4L · R32
- 1s cross RH, cast 1 place (2s step up), 1s turn RH finishing in 2nd place opp. sides
- 2s+1s+3s set twice, 1s turn RH 1.1/4 to finish 1L between 2s facing down, 1M between 3s facing up
- 2s+1L & 3s+1M set twice, 1s turn RH 1.1/4 to finish in 2nd place own sides 1M facing up, 1L facing down
- All dance clockwise once round set Order: 2 1 3
|Ediburgh 90 Anniverary Book||Andrew Locke||May 4, 2018, 2:16 p.m.|
|FSCDC 25 November 2014||2014-11-25||Anselm Lingnau||Nov. 26, 2014, 4:33 p.m.|
|RSCDS Edinburgh Christmas Party 2017||2017-12-12||RSCDS Edinburgh||Dec. 5, 2017, 11:49 a.m.|
|Scotia Feb, 1st, 2016||Sue Ronald||Jan. 30, 2016, 3:09 a.m.|
|FSCDC 11 November 2014||2014-11-11||Anselm Lingnau||Nov. 24, 2014, 2:08 p.m.|