Dance Margaret Mitchell's Rant 15697
Jig · 32 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2413)
- Devised by
- Tim Wilson (2011)
- 8008/8888/8448/8008 = 69% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Tune: A free-spirited jig with ...
Tune: A free-spirited jig with some swing
Note: Margaret Mitchell has been a mainstay of several branch event committees in her many years of dancing. Oftentimes, she is the first person to arrive at these events, the last to leave, and the go-to person for directions. I’ve called the dance a “rant” as a tongue-in-cheek reference to her customary good grace and teamwork. That’s not to say that she doesn’t rave—but she usually keeps the ranting to a minimum.
Revised November 3, 2011. ©2011 by Tim Wilson. All rights reserved. Permission is granted for verbatim reproduction and non-profit distribution of this leaflet, provided that this notice remains intact.
Margaret Mitchell's Rant 4/4L · J32
- 1c+4c set | 1W & 4M, with P following, cast clw half round the set (4x,2,3,1x) | 4c+1c curve R about into middle places as 2c+3c step to end, finish middles facing ends (2,4x,1x,3)
- Reels4 on the sides (2,4x,1x,3)
- 2c+4c & 1c+3c turn RH on the sides, 4c passing 1c Rsh at the turn’s end (with polite turns) (2,1x,4x,3) ; 1c+4c set to P | turn RH ½ and face up
- 1c+4c Allemande (2,4,1,3)
|2018 Asilomar Weekend ~ Celebrating 60 (1968-2018)||Asilomar Weekend||Feb. 27, 2019, 6:38 p.m.|