Dance Pipped at the Post 16479
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Maureen Robson (2014)
- 840/804/880/808 = 44% (whole dance)
- Published in
- From North to South 
- Extra info
- Found on YouTube with the ...
Found on YouTube with the following description; this is a "stub" entry till a crib can be made. Eric Ferguson, 2015-07-09
Pipped at the Post. Scottish country dancing reel, Tawa SCD Club Pat Reesby Gepubliceerd op 27 sep. 2014
PIPPED AT THE POST (R3X32) Maureen Robson
1 - 4 1st and 2nd couples dance four hands across. 1st woman faces out.
5 - 8 1st woman followed by 1st man casts down to 2nd place and across the set to finish with 1st couple in 2nd place on opposite sides. Ist woman facing out. 2nd couple move up on bars 7 & 8.
9 - 12 1st and 3rd couples dance left hands across and again 1st woman faces out.
13 – 16 1st woman casts up to top place followed closely by 1st man and curves down to finish facing 2nd woman. 2nd couple move down on bars 15 & 16.
17 - 24 1st couple with 1st woman leading dance a reel of three in tandem with the 2nd couple passing 2nd woman by the left to begin the reel. On passing the 2nd woman 1st couple turn left about so the 1st man is leading. 2nd couple finish the reel by curving into top place.
25 - 32 1st couple dance a reel of three in tandem with 3rd couple with the 1st man passing 3rd woman by the left to begin. On passing 3rd woman again on the opposite side of the dance 1st couple turn right about so the 1st woman is leading to finish in 2nd place on own sides. 1st woman stays facing out to begin the dance again.
'Pipped at the Post' is a 32-bar reel devised by Maureen Robson, tutor of the Tawa SCD Club in Tawa, Wellington, New Zealand. It was danced at the club's annual dance on September 27, 2014 in the Ngaio town hall.
Local musician and accordionist Peter Elmes wrote original music for the dance, and was joined by John Smith, Aileen Logie and Mary MacDonald on the night.
For one or two of the dancers, it was their first time at a club dance for they have been dancing less than a year.
Pipped at the Post 3/4L · R32
- 1c+2c RHA ; 1W (1M following) casts off to 2plx (2c up on [7-8]) (2,1x,3)
- 1c+3c LHA ; 1W (1M following) dance RSh round 2M (2c down on [15-16]) ready for
- 1c (1W leading) + 2c ½ Reel3 in tandem across (with lead change), LSh to 2W ; ½ Reels3 in tandem across (no lead change). 2c end in 1pl.
- 1c (1M leading) + 3c ½ Reel3 in tandem across (no lead change), LSh to 3W ; ½ Reels3 in tandem across (with lead change) (2,1,3)
Pipped at the Post 3/4L · R32
- 1s+2s dance RH across, 1L followed by partner casts 1 place & crosses over & both end 2nd place opp sides with 1L facing out (2s step up 7-8)
- 1s+3s dance LH across, 1L followed by partner casts up behind 2M to face 2L (2s step down 15-16)
- 1s dance Semi-Alternating Tandem Reel with 2s: 1s+2L pass LSh, 1M takes lead on Ladies' side on bar 19, 1s complete reel with 1M leading to end facing 3L, 2s end in top place
- 1s dance Semi-Alternating Tandem Reel with 3s: 1s+3L pass LSh, 1L takes lead on Men's side on bar 31, 1s end in 2nd place own sides with 1L facing out. 2 1 3
|Campbell Tyler List: Dances with >= 2 hits, having no crib on SCDDB||2018-08-17||Eric Ferguson||Aug. 18, 2018, 9:36 p.m.|