Dance Muddy Dog Run 16656
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Holly Boyd (2014)
- 800/844/822/888 = 47% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Extra info
- MISPRINT: The author states that ...
MISPRINT: The author states that the book has a misprint in bars 9–16. That should read:
9 – 16 1st couple dance the track for corner pass and turn WHILE 1st corners turn right hand half way and dance out to opposite corner on bars 9 - 12. 2nd corners repeat on bars 13 – 16. 1st couple finish facing their partner’s first corner position (= their first corner person)
A DOCX file with the correct text has been circulated, but printed books with the error are still around. The cribs in this database are correct.
The dance was inspired by the name of a back country road that we saw while biking in Vermont with the Kents. How could I not write a dance with that name? October 2014
Muddy Dog Run 3/4L · R32
- 1c dance down. 1w pass under 1m left arm to change places. 1c dance up to face 1st corner
- 1c dance track for corner pass and turn while corners 1/2 turn RH and dance out to opposite corner. 1c face 3rd corner position
- 1c dance Hello/Goodbye with pet turn into 2nd place opp side 3x,1x,2x
- 3,1,2 chase clkwise halfway and turn partner RH 2,1,3
NB. There's a misprint in the book in bars 9–16; this crib was provided by the author in correction.