Dance The Librarian's Daughter 16727
Strathspey · 40 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2341)
- Devised by
- Kathleen Bruce (2011)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Devised for Alexa Conacher whose ...
Devised for Alexa Conacher whose father was County Librarian for Banffshire
|The Librarian's Daughter||Frank Thomson and his Scottish Dance Band||9 for 90 RSCDS Aberdeen Branch 90th Anniversary||CD||3||S40 4||5:16||63.2||Thursday Friends/Stewart and Kathleen Walker/The Sleeping Warrior/Manchester Caledonians|
The Librarian's Daughter 4/4L · S40
- 1s+4s dance Fig of 8 on sides, giving hands. 1s+4s start by dancing in down/up.
- 1s+2s set advancing, 1/2 turn 2H to face down. 2s+1s dance down and out behind 3s. 2s meet, lead up crossing to 1st place, while 1s meet, dance up to face 3s.
- 1s+3s set advancing passing LSh. 1s cast right to finish in middle, 1L between 2s facing down, 1M between 4s facing up, while 3s turn 3/4 RH to finish 3W facing up, 3M facing down.
- 1s+3s set advancing passing LSh, 3s cast right to finish in second place own side, while 1s turn RH 3/4 to finish in middle facing down.
- 1s lead down below 4s, cross and cast to 3rd place. 1W+4W turn LH 1.1/2 while 1M+4M turn RH 1.1/2
- 2s+3s+4s+1s circle 8H round and back.