Dance The Gypsy Shawl 16764
Jig · 32 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4
- Devised by
- Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Extra info
- Source: A Portland (OR) Ball ...
Source: A Portland (OR) Ball program.
The Gypsy Shawl 4/4L · J32
- All join hands on the sides, 4s join free hands, 1M2M make an arch and, with 1L leading, all (except 1M) dance under the arch to finish in places, retaining hold;
- 1L2L make an arch and, with 1M leading, all (except 1L) dance under the arch to finish in places, releasing hold;
- 1s2s 3s4s right hands across;
- 1s2s 3s4s left hands across;
- 1s take both hands and slip to 4th place WHILE 2s3s4s step up;
- 2s 3s 4s 1s turn by the left.
Rate this Dance
Sign in to rate this dance!
Fun Ceilidh dance
Andy Mills · April 21, 2017, 11:29 p.m.
Our small group loves this dance. We can adapt it slightly to cater for 3 and 5 couple sets (the odd couple either makes 6-hands across, or just turns alone).
Sign in to review this dance!