Dance That's All You're Getting! 17148
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Peter Loveland (2011)
- 800/888/888/888 = 63% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- The Buckie Lad. 
- Extra info
- For Bill Forbes on the ...
For Bill Forbes on the occasion of his 90th birthday.
"That's all you're getting!" is one of Bill's stock expressions. When teaching at St. John's SCDC, Bill might occasionally say this immediately after a quick walkthrough or recap, at which point he would expect everyone to just dance the dance. It certainly encourages us to learn quickly, and proves to us (on most occasions) that we are able to just dance it.
That's All You're Getting! 3/4L · R32
- 1s set, cross RH, cast (2s step up 5-6), & 1s turn 3/4 RH to diagonal line joining LH with 2nd corners, RH with partner
- 1s dance 'The Spoke' with 2nd, 1st, 4th & 3rd corner but 1s set on spot bars 15-16
- Reels of 3 across, 1M+2s (1M+2L pass RSh) & 1L+3s (1L+3M pass RSh). 1s pass RSh to 2nd place opp side in middle BtoB facing out
- 2s+1s+3s dance 4 bars 'Double Triangles' with 1s petronella turn to 2nd place own sides (4 bars). All turn partners RH