Dance Speedy Life in Paris 17309
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Hervé Raymond
- 800/822/866/866 = 47% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- On 2020-01-25 the question was ...
On 2020-01-25 the question was put to Alienor: i\Is this dance a reel or a jig? Your book, both the original and the second edition, have it as a reel; the recommended music at http://music.rscdsparis.fr/files/SpeedyLifeInParis.pdf is definitely a jig. In correspondance in March 2016, there were several mentions of this dance, both as jig and , but the outcome seemed to be reel. Now the deviser has replied that it is now a Jig.
Today 2020-01-27 the book editor, Aliénor, added: There was some debate recently about this particular mistake. As the editor, I think the dance should stay a reel. The deviser's opinion was to go for what causes the least trouble. I have asked the composer to write an actual reel, which will be published as soon as she agrees.
Speedy Life in Paris 3/4L · R32
- 1c set | cross RH ; cast (2c up) | set advancing pulling RSh back to face 1cnrs
- Set H&G. On  all clap (2,1,3)
- 1c turn 1cnrs RH, pass RSh ; turn 2cnrs RH to 2plx | all set (2,1x,3)
- 1c turn 1cnrs LH | turn 2cnrs RH ; cross LH to 2pl | all set (2,1,3)
|PRIVATE||Sergey Kargapoltsev||Feb. 6, 2020, 10:55 p.m.|
|Weekend Welcome Dance- SPRING FLING, FRINGE & SCHOOL||2020-05-01||Sergey Kargapoltsev||March 4, 2020, 8:45 a.m.|