Dance Table Mountain Beauty 18012
Strathspey · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 3 (Progression: 231)
- Devised by
- Andrew & Heather Hodgson (2017)
- 800/880/880/808 = 58% (whole dance)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Bars 25 -32 are known ...
Bars 25 -32 are known locally in Cape Town as the 'Littlecroft' formation as devised by Christpher Gilmour in the dance Littlecroft Strathspey.
The Table Mountain Beauty (Aeropetes tulbaghia) is a butterfly found on Table Mountain and is the pollinator for the Red Disa (Disa uniflora). This dance was devised as a farewell gift for Nina Hobbhahn to remind her of shared happy memories in the Western Cape.
Table Mountain Beauty 3/3L · S32
- 1c set | turn BH ; dance down between 2c | cast up to 1pl
- 1c & 2c ½ turn and cast away to exchanged places : chase clw ½ (2,1,3)
- 2c+1c Poussette
- 1c+3c Petronella in tandem | change places RH (up/dn) ; Petronella in tandem to sidelines | set (2,3,1)
|2018-10-25 / Brussels Dance Scottish - weekly class||2018-10-25||Jette Rossen||Nov. 7, 2018, 9:19 p.m.|
|ZA 2017 Heather's Core dances for teaching||Heather Hodgson||March 23, 2017, 11:27 a.m.|