Dance St Andrews Day 18023
Jig · 64 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2341)
- Devised by
- Hector Sutherland (1949)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Modified version. The original published ...
Modified version. The original published instructions (Dance 18076) were for a 48 bar dance. This has been altered to improve danceability. Bars 17-32 took 8 bars and bars 41-64 have been changed.
St Andrews Day 4/4L · J64
2 chords: 2nd chord 2s+3s step in towards each other
- 1s+4s dance R&L around standing 2s+3s. 2s+3s step back to original places on bar 8
- 1s+4s dance Figs 8 round 2s / 3s
- 2s+3s Adv+Ret then turn partners RH (Alternatively turn 2H)
- 2s+3s dance 1/2 R&L, all set; 2s+3s Adv to join RH in centre while 1s+4s set, join hands with 2s+3s to form St Andrew's Cross, all facing clockwise
- All dance 2 steps round, all set, dropping hands & pulling back RSh on 2nd step to face anticlockwise;
- All join hands again & dance anticlockwise 2 steps round, all set returning to places (as bar 28) on 2nd setting step
- 2s+3s Adv+Ret then dance 1/2 R&L
- 1s+4s Adv+Ret. 1s cross RH as 4s turn RH
- 1s set twice (Highland step preferred), lead down crossing to 4th place (1L crossing in front of 1M) own sides
- Note: Crib based on instructions & diagram published in "The Reel" Issue 301 (September-December 2017). This differs from original description which contains barring errors and is described as 48 bar reel but with jig time music by deviser.