Dance Butterfly 18941
Reel · 32 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2341)
- Devised by
- Gaye Collin (2016)
- 8040/8080/8888/8008 = 59% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Dance devised in early 2016 ...
Dance devised in early 2016, for Kathleen, Glenna, Joan, & Ruth. Butterfly was named by two of these women.
When I was devising it my thoughts were on four women who had gone through changes in their lives and seemed to have come out the other side stronger and ready to enjoy their new path in life. I think the name they chose was very thoughtful and I love the beauty and grace of the Butterfly.
|The Craven Twelvesome||Nicol McLaren & The Glencraig Scottish Dance Band||A Tribute to Derek Haynes||CD||15||R32 4||2:24||36.0||The Moving Cloud/The Walrus/The Inside Oot Fish Eater|
|Butterfly||Marian Anderson and her Band||The Musicians' Wedding||CD||4||R32 4||2:36||39.0||The Moving Cloud/Avril's Hornpipe/Jackie and Edna Welton/The Centennial Highway Reel|
Butterfly 4/4L · R32
- 1s dance in & cast to 2nd place (2s step up 3-4). 1s+3s Adv+Ret
- 1s+3s dance modified Chain Progression:
- 9-10 1s+3s turn 3/4 RH
- 11-14 1M+3L turn LH 1.1/2 times while partners chase clockwise 1/2 way
- 15-16 3s+1s turn 3/4 RH to end 3L behind 1L facing down in middle (Ladies' side) & 1M behind 3M facing up (Men's side)
- Alternating Tandem reels of 3 across, (1L+3L RSh to 4M & 3M+1M RSh to 2L). Lead swaps bars 19-20. All end on own sides 2 3 1 4
- 1s+4s NHJ set advancing, drop hands to face up. 1s cast to 4th place & face up while 4s NHJ dance up 1 place turning outwards to face down
- 1s dance in/up & turn 4s on sides (Ladies RH, Men LH) to end 2 3 4 1
|RSCDS Ayr Summer Dancing 2019 - Programme 5||Malin Altenmüller||May 12, 2019, 2:12 p.m.|
|zoom class||2020-08-11||Holly Boyd||Aug. 14, 2020, 3:03 a.m.|
|Richmond Caledonian, 25th September||2019-09-25||Annette Hughes||Sept. 10, 2019, 12:09 p.m.|
|RSCDS Wirral - Tuesday 26 February 2019||2019-02-26||Andrew Locke||Feb. 25, 2019, 11:17 p.m.|
|Peterborough & District RSCDS Afternoon Tea Dance 2019-02-08||2019-02-08||Amanda Peart||Jan. 3, 2019, 12:41 a.m.|
|TSC in Madeira (Band Week) 01-03-19||2019-03-01||Amanda Peart||Nov. 9, 2018, 10:09 p.m.|