Dance The Partisan 19409
Strathspey · 40 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 3 (Progression: 312)
- Devised by
- Violaine Eysseric (2019)
- 880/844/888/800/888 = 73% (whole dance)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Extra info
- This dance is inspired by ...
This dance is inspired by the song “The partisan” by Leonard Cohen and was devised on the 75th anniversary of D-Day. This strathspey is dedicated to my wonderful grandfather, Louis Devèze - aka “Papou”- who was a member of the French Resistance (FFI), and to all the partisans who fought for freedom.
Bars 19-24: It’s a 6 bars 11⁄2 gypsy turn, so take the time to turn around and exchange looks with your partner when you turn the 11⁄2 gypsy turn before going to your lines. It must be very sweet in this part of the dance.
The Partisan 3/3L · S40
- 1c+2c The Tourbillon. On [7-8] 1c turn BH and face 1cnrs (2,1x,3)
- »Modified Corners Pass and Turn« on 1diag [: same as Corners Pass and Turn except that cnrs turn BH ½, face each other and cast away to exchanged places. 1c pass P RSh in centre and pivot R to face 2cnrs] ; repeat [9-12] on 2diag. On [15-16] 1c meet P in centre and pivot R to 2plx (3x,1x,2x)
- All set | all »RSh Turn« 1½ [: dance RSh round P to own sides] (3,1,2)
- 1c »Figure of Love« L [: 1c ½ Fig8 L, meet P in centre, touch BH and pivot RSh back ½ ; dance RSh round 1cnr[pos] to 2pl] (3,1,2)
- Circle6 and back (3,1,2)
»RSh Turn« (Right Shoulder Turn) is also known as Gypsy Turn, a term now considered offensive by some.
The Partisan 3/3L · S40
- 1s+2s dance Tourbillon:
- 1-4 1s & 2s 1/2 turn ptnrs 2H, 1M & 2L lead ptnrs by nearer hand 1 place cl'wise to end 1s on Ladies side & 2s Men's side, 1s set to 2s
- 5-8 1s & 2s 1/2 turn ptnrs 2H & lead ptnrs on 1 place clockwise, 2s cross RH to own sides, 1s turn 2H to face 1st corners
- 1s+1s corners dance Modified Corner Pass+Turn (as per Corner Pass+Turn except corners 1/2 turn 2H, face each other, pull back RSh & dance out to opp corner. 1s pass RSh, pull back RSh to face 2nd corners
- 1s+2nd corners repeat 9-12. Bars 15-16: 1s meet in centre, pull back RSh, dance into 2nd place opp side. (3) (1) (2)
- 3s+1s+2s set, dance RSh once round partner to own side. 3 1 2
- 1s dance »Figure of Love«:
- 25-28 1s dance RSh round 2nd corner (pstn), meet in centre & touch 2H
- 29-32 1s pull back RSh & dance RSh round 1st corner (pstn) into 2nd place own side
- 3s+1s+2s circle 6H round & back.
|191118 The More Unusual Dance Club||2019-11-18||Peter Dixon||Nov. 3, 2019, 3:42 p.m.|
|BSTK Summer School 2021.08.15.||2021-08-15||Zsolt Molnar||Aug. 7, 2021, 4:57 p.m.|
|20190907 - Milton Keynes Dayschool dances||2019-09-07||Zsofia Jozsef||Sept. 8, 2019, 5:57 p.m.|
|Bristol 2020 Weekend Classes||Margaret Chambers||March 17, 2020, 12:22 a.m.|
|RSCDS Paris Branch – Cheers Chambéry! – Friday extra||2020-04-10||Rémi Lacroix||Jan. 5, 2020, 8:41 p.m.|
|Bonn 2019-09-02||2019-09-02||Eva-Maria Beckmann||Sept. 1, 2019, 5:21 p.m.|