Dance Partner Race Strathspey 19483
Strathspey · 32 bars · 4 couples (3x,4x) · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2413)
- Devised by
- Christian R Petersen (2008)
- 6886/8008/8448/8228 = 69% (whole dance)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Extra info
- Devised on the occasion of ...
Devised on the occasion of the 80th birthday of Else Hartzberg on February 25 year 2008, 350 years after the peace in Roskilde 1658. Celebrated on Sunday the 24th.
The instructions suggest using Castles in the Air by Peter White although that is an 8x32 recording whereas this is a 4x32 dance.
|Castles in the Air||Peter White and his Scottish Dance Band||Hey Johnnie Cope and seven other SCD/Foss||LP||2||S32 8||8:19||62.4||Castle in the Air/Lochnagar/The Laird o' Thrums/Green Grow the Rashes|
Partner Race Strathspey 4/4L · S32
On 2nd chord 3c & 4c cross to opposite side (1,2,3x,4x)
- 1M+2c & 3M+4c ½ LSh Reels3 across, 1c & 3c take promhold for ; ½ Reels3 across
- 1c & 4c dance inwards (2c & 3c to ends) | 1c+4c ½ RHA ; LHA, ending 1M+4W & 4M+1W in promhold facing 1cnrs (2M & 3M)
- 1M+4W & 4M+1W pass & turn with 1cnrs & change to promhold with P facing 2cnrs ; repeat LSh with 2cnrs who turn LH, 1c/4c end between 2c/3c
- 1c+2c & 4c+3c set across | 1c+4c change RH up/down ; Circle4 (2,4,1x,3x)