Dance Frank's Birthday Reel 19554
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 3 (Progression: 231)
- Devised by
- Ruth MacInnes and Peter Jamieson (2019)
- 840/844/844/800 = 54% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Dance devised by Ruth MacInnes ...
Dance devised by Ruth MacInnes and Peter Jamieson to mark the occasion of Frank Stephen’s 70th birthday, celebrated on 2nd August 2019 with a dance at Munlochy Hall.
Music selected by Joy Bisset.
Notes: bars 9-24 are essentially modified Mairi’s wedding reels, with the 1s starting slightly advanced and then dancing a similar path to that danced in Australian Ladies. Corners must clear the centre of the dance promptly to allow this, so twirls and hand pats are not recommended.
|History in the Making||Marian Anderson and her Band||The Sunday Class Dance Book 1||CD||6||R32 3||1:57||39.0||Saint Ninian's Isle/Paddy On The Railroad/Jim Scott, Petty Officer First Class|
Frank's Birthday Reel 3/3L · R32
- 1c+2c turn RH ½ | ½ RHA ; 1c set | cross RH and face out (2,1x,3)
- 1c+1cnrs ½ diag. Reel4, 1c pass RH and face out the ends ; 1c+2cnrs repeat, 1c finish facing out (3x,1,2x)
- 1c+3cnrs repeat, 1c finish facing out the ends ; 1c+4cnrs repeat, 1c finish facing out (2,1x,3)
- 1 cast off to 3pl (3c up) | 1c lead down ; 1c turn RH 1½ moving up to (2,3,1)