Dance Paco's Wiggle Waggle Walk 19725
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Viktor Lehmann (2019)
- 602/842/844/888 = 48% (whole dance)
- Reel of three - across - half (REEL;ACROSS;HALF;R3;)
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Online Sources
- Extra info
- The dance is about walking ...
The dance is about walking my dog Paco, a Labrackel or Teckrador or whatever. Even though we take the same route, we never seem to be at the same place at the same time (bars 1-16, a mirror fugue), only when I have him on the leash (bars 17-20). And he is totally thrilled whenever we meet all the other dogs at the local dogs‘ playground (bars 21ff ).
Dedicated to Ilona Brown who inspired me to devise this dance.
Music Suggestion: Cramond Bridge (Robert Whithead and the Danelaw Band)
Alternatives: Duncan MacCalman (Peter White and his Band) , Dumbarton Drums (Kenny Thomson And The Wardlaw Scottish Dance Band)
|Cramond Bridge||Robert Whitehead & the Danelaw Band||Strictly Scottish Volume One||CD+||14||R32 8||4:30||33.8||Valerie Farr's Reel/The Maryhill Highlanders/The Green Dykes/Gordon Pattullo's Reel|
Paco's Wiggle Waggle Walk 3/4L · R32
- 1M set, cast down (2M step up on bars 3+4)
- 1L set, cast down (2L step up on bars 7+8) while 1M+3L TR back to sidelines
- 1L+3M TL back to sidelines while 1M+2L TL back to sidelines
- 1L+2M TR back to sidelines while 1M dance round 3M passing LS to finish side by side with 1L on ladies' side, NHJ
- 1s dance over to men's side and cast (1L up, 1M down) to finish between couples
- 1s set advancing, TB 1/2 (PdB), pull RS back to finish back to back, 1L facing down, 1M facing up while crnrs face diagonally in and set twice.
- 1s dance 1/2 reels of 3 across (RS to 2nd crnr), passing RS in the middle; 1s dance another 1/2 reel of three across (RS to 4th corner) into 2nd place own side